The Journey Begins
One woman's attempt to pretend this isn't purely procrastination.
If you are my age you may well remember a programme by Carl Sagan called The Cosmos: A Personal Journey. I don't know if he ever uttered the lines, or if it was just a shortcut to mimic him in the playground, but he started each show with the invitation to "Come with me on a journey through *slight dramatic pause* The Cosmos *cue big Vangelis theme tune*." Well as I started to think about what the point of this blog could be I started to get Sagan's New York drawl bouncing around off the walls of my brain, inviting me to unlock the secrets of the universe. If instead you can imagine me speaking Sagan's words from inside my head (hold on I'll just see if I can squeeze them out of my ears for you to get an idea of what I mean) but replace 'The Cosmos' with 'MyMind' then THAT is roughly or thereabouts what this blog may, or may not, under the right conditions provide you with. There was also the possibility of likening my attempt to Loyd Grosman intoning the words "Come with me through the keyhole" but his was way too annoying a voice to be allowed room in my brain for too long, and doesn't come with a groovy electro soundtrack.So here it is. Seemingly unconnected asides about random stuff that happen to spark my brain, and throw it into overdrive, will be a feature I predict. All those thoughts too complex to be done any justice by twitter will pop up here. Subjects with too few lolz for facebook will be allowed free reign. I promise nothing but do hint at the chance of poetry, film reviews, baseless opinion, grammatically incorrect ramblings, beards, tigers, loosely labeled art, random insertions of the word random to annoy people who find time to be upset by such abuses, grounded opinion, celebrations, fangirl gushings, critical commentary, rugby, things I want to say to my kids but won't, things I want to say to their teachers but shouldn't, other Mum stuff, possibly some Woman stuff, invariably some Human stuff - the list could go on into infinity and still have room for a few more as they plop into my head so I will stop here.
And start soon with something bloggy over by there...
So blogging about blogging? Welcome to Procrastinationville...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Mr Dowden. You are the winner of my "Wowyouvemadethefirstcommentonmyblog" award. X
ReplyDelete